Thursday, April 22, 2021
Friday, November 27, 2020
1/3 Cup Plain Heavy Whipping Cream
1/3 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 Dropper full of liquid stevia. (I like the English Toffee flavor.)
2 Packets powdered stevia.
Note: Experiment with your level of sweetness. I like my Keto desserts pretty sweet.
Directions: Put the heavy cream in a mixing bowl and whip it with a hand mixer until thick. Add the sour cream and blend, then add the other ingredients and blend until smooth. Spoon into a glass and chill at least one hour in the refrigerator.
Makes one large serving, or 2 small servings.
Wednesday, August 12, 2020
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Here are the criteria for addiction from the DSM-5:
- Taking the substance in larger amounts or for longer than you're meant to.
- Wanting to cut down or stop using the substance but not managing to.
- Spending a lot of time getting, using, or recovering from use of the substance.
- Cravings and urges to use the substance.
- Not managing to do what you should at work, home, or school because of substance use.
- Continuing to use, even when it causes problems in relationships.
- Giving up important social, occupational, or recreational activities because of substance use.
- Using substances again and again, even when it puts you in danger.
- Continuing to use, even when you know you have a physical or psychological problem that could have been caused or made worse by the substance.
- Needing more of the substance to get the effect you want (tolerance).
- Development of withdrawal symptoms, which can be relieved by taking more of the substance.